Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:10:47 +0900
From:      "Koyo Kumagai" <SysAdmin@po.teleway.ne.jp>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Slow response for login prompts

Thank you so much!!

Actually, I recently installed a leased line into home so I'm using global
IPs, but I haven't quite figured out how to setup DNS on my FreeBSD
machines, so until I do, I'll survive with the hosts file.

No wonder it was taking so long to complete the output when I ran the 'w'
command through telnet - that was also trying to resolve my IPs for the
'FROM' section, right? (Hmm.. maybe I shouldn't get too confident... maybe
I'm wrong...)

Anyway, I'm learning bit by bit, and thanks to all that replied.