Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:52:05 -0500
From:      Dave Alden <alden@math.ohio-state.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how do I get the status of a raid array?

Hi,
  I'm new to FreeBSD (switching my primary NFS server over from RHEL) and
I'm trying to figure out how I can get the current status of my RAID setup.
I'm using an LSI MegaRAID 320-2x card and FreeBSD 5.3RC2 (don't worry, I'm
just testing for now, I'm going to wait until 5.3 is officially released
before I try to go live :-).  What I need is to be able to write a script
that checks the status of the RAID array and notifies me if it becomes
degraded.  I previously did it by using the /proc FS under linux to check
the current status of the RAID array.  Help?
...thnx,
...dave alden