Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2007 05:31:23 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff@gmail.com>
Cc:        Questions User <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Quick perl ports question

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:22:39 -0700
"Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to implement a script that I found, and it's referencing
> Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::Paged and Net::LDAP::Constant
>=20
> I'm not finding p5-net-ldap in ports, though I do see
> p5-ResourcePool-Resource-Net-LDAP and p5-perl-ldap.
>=20
> Can I:
>=20
> A) leave the script as-is, and simply install one or the other of
> these ports, and have it work? If so, which one?
>=20
> Or, must I
>=20
> B) commit minor surgery on the script wherever I see references to
> those packages, and if so, what might that look like?
>=20
> The script in question is found here:
>=20
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/
>=20
> for getting SMTP addresses from my Exchange server.

Kurt,

Maybe this is not a direct answer, but it seems that

C) port it!

is the best. :) Seriously, if you really have a long term need for
Net::LDAP module, then porting would be the most convenient for you and
for others.

Just look at Makefile of net/p5-ResourcePool-Resource-Net-LDAP. Make
the port for you own use, test it, then share.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87