Date:      Sat, 2 Aug 1997 15:37:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
To:        beth_arnold@hotmail.com (Elisabeth)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 X questions

Hi Elisabeth:

> 1.)  How do I start more than 2 Xterm windows?

Modify your .xsession file to include extra lines that look like:

xterm &

If you want names etc for these xwindows then include options to the xterm
command:

xterm -name "My New Window" &
xterm -rv &

et cetera. Be sure to include the "&" to run the xterm in the background.

If you're logged into X, to start a new xterm at any time, enter "xterm &"
and you'll have a new window.

> An unrelated question that just came up.  How do I set permission for a
> administrotor (non-superuser) to su to root?

Go into the /etc/group file and add the username after the "wheel" group
entry. Change:

wheel:*:0:root

wheel:*:0:root,adminID

Hope this helps. A good book is "Essential System Administration" from
O'Reilly & Assoc.

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD