Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:11:29 +0100
From:      John Marino <freebsdml@marino.st>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to see errors with poudriere?

On 3/22/2013 18:51, J David wrote:
> We are rapidly converting all of our ports-building infrastructure to
> poudriere, which is a fantastic tool and has been a huge improvement for us.
>
> However, I do run across the occasional stubborn ports that refuse to build
> (example: lang/ghc) under poudriere, and I'm not sure how to debug this.
>
> I am pretty sure this is possible/easy and I'm just being stupid.  If
> anyone would mind giving me a shove in the right direction, I would really
> appreciate it.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame poudriere.  There are many ports that
won't build in poudriere due to problems with the port makefiles.  In
fact, I've only seen one legitimate case of a port that was fine but
poudriere erroneously didn't build it.  The rest were problems that
poudriere flagged.

You have to look at the log and see what the problem is, then report the
problem via PR.

e.g. look in /usr/local/poudriere/data/logs/....

John