Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:06:05 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP and XREMOTEQUEUE

On 2002-06-10 13:47 +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> I have googled and grepped for this but I cannot find an answer, and
> it seems way too off topic for -questions, so maybe someone here
> won't mind telling me what the SMTP extension XREMOTEQUEUE is for,
> and where I can read some documentation on it.

I think that commands starting with 'X' are not part of the ESMTP
standard.  Looking through the RFCs, since I remembered that this is
the case from an earlier time that I had seen it I quote RFC 1869:

## RFC 1869 - SMTP Service Extensions.
## J. Klensin, N. Freed, M. Rose, E. Stefferud, D. Crocker.

	In addition, any EHLO keyword value that starts with an upper
	or lower case "X" refers to a local SMTP service extension,
	which is used through bilateral, rather than standardized,
	agreement.  Keywords beginning with "X" may not be used in a
	registered service extension.

Therefore, the answer to your question depends on what the server that
sends an XREMOTEQUEUE response has implemented it to mean.

- Giorgos