Date:      04 Jan 2002 14:34:47 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GNOME on FreeBSD website

--=-Mx/auP6e+Futdq4x8wa8

Hi John & folks,

According to our previous conversation I've prepared short list of
things to put on GNOME on FreeBSD website. I've compiled it from the
content of the Java on FreeBSD pages (http://www.freebsd.org/java) and
KDE on FreeBSD (http://freebsd.kde.org). By no mean the list is
complete, so any suggestions and critique are highly appreciated. I
think it would make sense to start creating those pages based upon
existing Java pages to avoid reinventing the wheel (source is available
via anoncvs - www/en/java checkout www module, copy www/en/java into
www/en/gnome, tweak Makefiles etc. etc). Once at least preliminary
version is complete, I'll start bugging -core to approve those pages.

Following is the list of things I would like to see on the left plane:

News:
o Announcements

GNOME on FreeBSD:
o GNOME on FreeBSD Home --> http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/
o Installation Instructions
o Available Applications --> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/gnome.html
o How to Help
o Reporting a Bug
o Screenshots
o Contact Us

Documentation:
o FAQ
o Creating Ports

Resources:
o GNOME Project
o KDE Project
o KDE on FreeBSD

Don't hesitate to contact me if something is unclear.

Thanks!

-Maxim

--=-Mx/auP6e+Futdq4x8wa8

--=-Mx/auP6e+Futdq4x8wa8--