Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:35:26 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Website

In article <BD517E3F-8263-11D8-8D83-000A95DA58FE@jimz.net>, Jim
Zajkowski <jim@jimz.net> writes

>On Mar 30, 2004, at 10:44 AM, dereck wrote:
>
>> 1. I agree with you that it is hard to get management to accept FreeBSD
>> - perception is poor, though I'm not quite sure why.
>
>It's probably the 'Free' part of the name, in all seriousness.

Actually that logic extends to a problem which seems to hit *BSD in
general - OpenBSD.org is the only site which doesn't have "project"
emblazoned across the top of my browser.

Granted, the management types most likely to be put off by something
trivial like that usually feel their time is too valuable to look at a
website; preferring instead a 15 page document justifying everything and
anything.

Kevin