Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:29:41 +0200
From:      "Pascal Hofstee" <caelian@gmail.com>
To:        "Greg Lewis" <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.6.0 patchset 1 "Brumby"

On 8/3/07, Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:

> On behalf of the BSD Java Porting team, I'm pleased to announce the
> availability of Patchset 1 "Brumby" for JDK 1.6, based on the
> JDK 1.6.0 JRL source code.
>
> As usual with the first patchset for a release, this patchset may be a
> little rough around the edges.  Its considered beta and shouldn't be used
> in a production environment.  Having said that, it feels more solid than
> the first patchsets for previous JDK releases and should generally work
> fairly well.

First of all Thanks to the FreeBSD Java Team for making this all
happen ... i do believe though i have encountered a bug that i am not
sure how to debug from here and would appreciate some assistence on:

---------[ Foo.java ]----------
import java.net.Socket;
import java.io.*;

class Foo {
    public static void
        main(String[] args)
        {
            Socket sock;

            try {
                sock = new Socket("172.16.30.1", 10485);
            } catch (IOException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }
        }
}
----------[ End of Foo.java ]----------

After compiling Foo.java running it gives me the following output:

java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at Foo.main(Foo.java:11)

As far as i can tell i am not doing anything wrong in the code myself
but it seems impossible to actually create a simple Socket object in
the native jdk16 port at this time.

Please correct me if wrong :)

--
  Pascal Hofstee