Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Process/thread states.

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> [020904 09:53] wrote:
> >
> > OK.  I GUESS NOW I NEED TO TURN ON MY CAPS LOCK AND USE MACROS EVERYTIME
> > I WANT TO CHECK A VARIABLE.

John, are you objecting to the use of Macros or the use of caps?

> This is an invalid argument, there's no absolute need for them to
> be capitalized, especially if they are made into inlines.

Well, it's suggested in style(9)..
The names of ``unsafe'' macros (ones that have side effects), and the
names of macros for manifest constants, are all in uppercase.
does that cover here? Is it a side-effect of TD_SET_RUNQ if it sets the
"on runq" state? or is this juat the primary effect, in which case
it is NOT required to be caps. (by my reading).