Date:      Fri, 03 Nov 2000 02:58:51 -0800
From:      Bohdan Tashchuk <tashchuk@easystreet.com>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: REMINDER: 4.2 code freeze starts tomorrow!

Vivek Khera wrote:

> Could the default nightly cron job time get changed to something
> outside of the 1am to 3am window?  The current time is just a bad
> default.

Hey, at least you got a discourse going.

When I raised this issue on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc back in the spring,
chris@FreeBSD.org couldn't even bring himself to believe that the problem
occurs at all.

See Deja:

http://x57.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=605386875&CONTEXT=973248514.641662994&hitnum=2

and read the followup posts. So I won't hold my breath waiting for this to
change anytime soon.

Also for some silly reason I thought that the OpenBSD people might be
"smarter" about this. But no, their daily script runs at 1:30 and so
probably has the very same problem.