Date:      Thu, 12 May 2016 16:04:48 +0000
From:      Tom Vijlbrief <tvijlbrief@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the ODroid-C2 (arm64 AMLogic S905)

Op vr 6 mei 2016 om 12:40 schreef Tom Vijlbrief <tvijlbrief@gmail.com>:

> I've been hacking to see if I can get FreeBSD to boot on this little
> device, and I got to this:

Progress has been made and it now boots and USB-works :-)
(but SD-card reader and Ethernet do not)

Mika=C3=ABl Urankar added the code to enable multiple processors,
but for now multiple processors are disabled.

This is very much a work in progress, but for those who would like to
compile their own kernel and boot it on an Odroid-C2, get it from:

https://github.com/tomtor/freebsd/tree/tc2

and build it with:

make TARGET=3Darm64 -s buildworld
make TARGET=3Darm64 buildkernel KERNCONF=3DODROIDC2 NO_MODULES=3DYES

I have attached an USB disk and an USB ethernet adapter and the system
boots, NTP adjusts the date and I'm logged in with SSH.

However, a "portsnap fetch" runs a long time and then exits with:
pid 78242 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped), so it is
obviously not ready for general use.

Boot instructions are here:

https://github.com/tomtor/image-freebsd-c2