Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:09:54 -0500
From:      "MikeM" <myraq@mgm51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
Subject:   Re: POP Server with Secure Password Authentication

On 1/6/03 at 6:33 PM Kory Hamzeh wrote:

|I need to setup a POP Server that supports Secure Password
|Authentication. I have some MicroSoft Outlook users that need to
|pull their mail, but they are coming in over the internet. I looked
|through the ports collection, and didn't notice anything. Is there
|something I have overlooked?
|
|Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I use courier-imap which supports pop3, imap, pop3-ssl and imap-ssl.

It doesn't support SPA.  However, running pop3 and/or imap over ssl is
better than using SPA, in my opinion, since the entire conversation is
protected, not just the password phase.

courier-imap is in the ports collection, and on the web here:
http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/