Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:13:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Colin <cwass99@home.com>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: BIND and Win2k interaction

     The only specific problem I've hit with Win2K machines and BIND was a
result of SRV records when allow-update is enabled on a zone.  In an effort to
ensure the SRV record was unique, MS decided to use an underscore as the first
character in the name.  I won't comment on that choice :)  The easy solution is
check-names master ignore or disable dynamic updates on the zone.
     I'm sure there are other interoperability issues, but because I'm forced
to work with older BIND versions, I can't say what issues you might see with
newer versions.

Cheers,
Colin