Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:22:08 -0700
From:      "Aaron Namba" <aaron@namba1.com>
To:        "Lamont Granquist" <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>, "Sung Nae Cho" <sucho2@quasar.phys.vt.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Is FreeBSD more secure than Windows NT or Windows 2000?

This is a couple days old by now, but for the record, yes, there is a
program that is standard amongst Windows NT/2000 systems integrators that
will reset your admin password in a jiffy. Very handy.

Also, I'm not sure about this password during reinstall. I've reinstalled NT
and 2000 many times without being prompted for a password or losing access
to my files later. Maybe the MSDN versions are different. Watch your backups
too with 2000 machines... like a lot of systems, access to the backups means
permissions-free access to the data.

Anyway, I expect that this thread is done with, having used both fairly
extensively, FreeBSD is better, because knowing exactly what is wrong is
always better than never being sure if there is something wrong. On my
Windows systems, I can never tell because Microsoft doesn't really like to
release news about exploits if they don't have a patch available yet...