Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 10:30:29 +0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@guate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ethernet Card

I don't know if I'm posting to the right list, disregard message if not
and tell wich list i should be posting to...

anyway, here it goes:

i'd like to know if the 3com fast etherlink xl cardbus would work with
fbsd 2.2.6.
i know for sure that 3com's ehterlink III does but would like to get the
xl.

the driver for the pccard (card0 and picic0 and 1) is not working... i
get a "device not
configured" error when starting pccardc.

hardware: my laptop is an acer extensa 391c (specs at
http://www.acer.com/aac/products/notebook/ext390c/391c.htm)

does anyone know how to make the pccard thing work? would the 3com xl
work
even tough the pccard thing doesn't?

thanks and sorry if this is the wrong list ;-)

-oscar