Date:      Wed, 31 May 2006 20:56:00 +0200
From:      "Attilio Rao" <asmrookie@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org,  freebsd-x86@freebsd.org
Subject:   [patch] Adding optimized kernel copying support - Part III

Hi,
this is the last release which is rather finished and complete for the project.

I tested for consistency for a long time and the FPU handling
mechanism seems very robust so as copyin/copyout do.

What I'm looking for, at this point, are testers for peroformances.
What is proposed in the patch is one of the better solutions for UP
archs (not running with PREEMPTION) but more general cases might be
handled with time.

I hope that somebody wants to play with him, giving suggestions and
doing different benchmarks.

The code can be found here:
http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/works/patches/xmmcopy_6_1.diff

and is for RELEASE_6_1 in order to have a wider range of testers (a
diff against HEAD will be available ASAP).

Please keep in mind that this is not a complete rip of DflyBSD code
beacause it is different in a lot of parts.

For any kind of tecnical questions, please mail me.

Attilio

PS: a particular thanks goes to Bruce Evans for his benchmarks and
feedbacks about code structure