Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2014 02:03:33 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott4long@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kern/185967: Link Aggregation LAGG: LACP not working in 10.0

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can=92t control the strict mode globally.  My =
apologies for this mess, I=92ll make sure that it=92s fixed for FreeBSD =
10.1.  If the sysctl doesn=92t help then maybe consider compiling a =
custom kernel with it defaulted to 0.  You=92ll need to open =
/sys/net/ieee802ad_lacp.c and look for the function lacp_attach().  =
You=92ll see the strict_mode assign underneath that.  I=92ll also send =
you a patch in a few minutes.  Until then, try enabling =
net.link.lagg.lacp.debug=3D1 and see if you=92re receiving heartbeat =
PDU=92s from your switch.

Scott

> Hi Scott,
>=20
> I had tried to set it in /etc/sysctl.conf but seems it didnt work. But =
will I try again and report back.
>=20
> The settings of the switch have not been changed and are set to LACP. =
It worked before so I guess the switch should not be the problem. Maybe =
some incompatibility between FreeBSD + igb-driver + switch (Juniper =
EX3300-48T).
>=20
> I will update you after setting the sysctl setting. It seems to be =
"dynamic", I guess 0 reflects the index of LACP lagg devices. Can I =
switch off the strict mode globally in /etc/sysctl.conf?
>=20
> Thanks for your help.
>=20
> Regards
> Ben
>=20
> On 03.02.2014 09:31, Scott Long wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> You=92re probably running into the consequences of r253687.  Check to =
see the value of =91sysctl net.link.lagg.0.lacp.lacp_strict_mode=92.  If =
it=92s =911=92 then set it to 0.  My original intention was for this to =
default to 0, but apparently that didn=92t happen.  However, the fact =
that strict mode doesn=92t seem to work at all for you might hint that =
your switch either isn=92t configured correctly for LACP, or doesn=92t =
actually support LACP at all.  You might want to investigate that.
>>=20
>> Scott
>>=20
>> On Feb 3, 2014, at 1:17 AM, Ben <mailinglists@niessen.ch> wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hi,
>>>=20
>>> I upgraded from FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE to 10.0-RELEASE. FreeBSD 9.2 was =
configured to use LACP with two igb devices.
10.0-RELEASE: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=3D28jvgpw&s=3D5#.Uu9PXT1dVPM=

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dkern/185967
>>>=20
>>> It is set to low, but I would like somebody to have a look into it =
as it obviously has a great influence on our infrastructure. The only =
way to "solve" it is currently switching back to FreeBSD 9.2.
"freebsd-net-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"