Date:      Thu, 10 May 2007 21:53:59 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to recompile the VIM port for GUI

Hi,

As I'd mentioned before, I upgraded my vim installation using
portupgrade.  However, when the upgrade completed, I could no longer
start vim in the GUI.  I get an error saying that GUI stuff wasn't
compiled.  I asked here at that time and was told to check up with the
port maintainer.  I've done this, but to no avail.  I've heard nary a
peep from the maintainer.

So, how do I modify the build environment properly to allow for the
building of the GUI?  There are several variables referenced in the
Makefile in /usr/ports/editors/vim, but I'm not sure what to make of
them.

Can someone please educate me on how to make vim work with a GUI using
the ports rather than downloading and installing from scratch?  It's
not that I'm scared to install in that manner, it's just that I'd
rather make the port work.

Thanks,
Andy