Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:19:46 -0700
From:      "Shyam Shantikumar" <skshyam@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: SAMBA+LDAP

  _____

From: Shyam Shantikumar [mailto:skshyam@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:18 PM
To: 'jerry@samba.org'
Subject: SAMBA+LDAP

Hi All,

I don't understand the PosixAccount that you have mentioned there. How
should I proceed with this?

I have done the following on the SAMBA+LDAP server

1)      installed Openldap and configured slapd.conf file. I can send it
across when asked for

2)       populated the directory using ldapmodify and slapadd commands

3)       installed samba 3 and configured the computer as a PDC

4)       included samba.schema in slapd.conf file

5)       installed user accounts in windows machines and also the unix box

6)       sent the smbpasswd (smbadmin) to the tdbsecrets file

when it comes to adding the user accounts in smbpasswd file I am getting the
following error.

root@LDAPSERVER:/usr/local/etc# Apr 28 12:37:10 LDAPSERVER kernel: pid 30742
(smbpasswd), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped).

I hv no clue how to integrate the PosixAccount with SambasamAccount.

Do I have to use pam/nss when I don't need any authentication at this
stage??

Any help is appreciated at this stage. I hv been trying to get the server
running for the last 1 month and am stuck in this.

Regards

Shyam