Date:      Wed, 26 May 2004 14:27:32 -1000
From:      hoe-waa@hawaii.rr.com
To:        Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RE: ethernet card not coming up on reboot

Aloha and Mahalo
Okay, that works. I dropped out of gnome and  logged
ina s root. I deleted all the append data in rc.conf
and I deleted /usr/local/etc/rc.d/rc.local.
I then rebooted. When I came back up ifconfig showed
no ip address. I then did the "killall -9 dhclient"
and the "sh /etc/netstart". After that completed ifconfig
showed the ip address.
So, what's happening? Is there a sequence problem or
do I need to have a script run to kill dhclient and
then run netstart?

Thanks for your time helping with this problem.
Robert