Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:07:41 -0500
From:      Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: Daemon's Advocate article

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 01:31:47PM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> BSD has long enjoyed performance and stability advantages over Linux, but as
> Grog remarks in the recent DA article, Linux is catching up.
>
> Are there any areas where BSD will more than likely *always* have an
> advantage over Linux?  I know licensing is one, and with the current global

Ease of administration and use by someone literate in Unix, everything
just makes sense. CVSUping the kernel, ports tree, docs, and userland is
something also unlikely to enter the Linux world completely because there
is an artificial barrier between the kernel and userland. That is, if
the Linux kernel, or anything else in Linux, ever gets a useful and
unencumbered revision control system in the first place.