Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:33:36 PST
From:      "Albert Chen" <chen6178@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Revised]**URGENT** Hardware Problem?!

Hi, FreeBSDers,

I'm trying to use CDROM to install FreeBSD 2.2.8-REL on
my best friend's machine. After selecting packages I wanna install,
the screen displays this message:

Doing newfs -b 8192 -f 1024 /mnt/dev/rwd0s2a

then the machie halts. I tried so many times, still the same :(
FreeBSD works fine while booting, though.
So I use my machine to install, everything's fine, and then I put
his HD on his machine. I see weird messages while booting:

wd0: interrupt timeout
wd0: status 58<rdy, seekdone, drq> error 0

I login and type password, doing some commands, such as ls, df,
then his machine shows "Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode"
, and it reboots automatically, I don't know what's going on,
would anyone tell me how to solve this issue, thank you very much!

His machine equips are:

Mainboard: IWill XA-100
Processor: AMD K6-2/300
Sound card: SB AWE 64 PnP
RAM: 64M(128 pins)
Vedio chip: Sis6326
CDROM: TEAC 32x

P.S. Because I have persuaded him to install FreeBSD :)
     But now I encounter this issue, if I can't solve it,
     he says he will probably never consider install FreeBSD :(