Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:15:56 +0000
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Long Term support versions?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 03:50:16 -0700
"@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com> wrote:

> And 11,2 is the only current version I see
> <https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.2R/announce.html>, but it is marked
> to be EOLed at 11.3 +3month so where is a stable release that will have a
> longer support window?

	There isn't one, at least not until 11.<final> whatever <final> may
be (I'd guess 3 or 4 but that's just my guess), that will remain supported
until September 2021 which may be long enough for 12.<final> to arrive. I'd
like to think that, ultimately, tracking n.<final> will become a viable
strategy.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>