Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 11:01:35 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble with some ports

I'm running a recent 4.5 Stable on this machine and 4.6-PRERELEASE
on another and I'm having problems compiling ImageMagick which
depends on bison.  So I tried configuring bison on both machines
with the same failure.

I shipped the output of the first failure earlier this week to
ports@freebsd.org and have heard nothing - but that may be normal.

I get errors of not found for CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CPP, LDFLAGS,
build_alias, host_alias, and target_alias, all repeated several
times.

I also get an error that the newly created file is older than the
distributed files and I'm using ntpdate and the system is never
more than 1 second off of the real world time.

I'm not sure if this is the correct list but I've not had problems
compiling these before.  I found these problems when I was
using portupgrade for the first time.

It may really be user error, or most highly probably a user erro,
but at the moment I'm not sure where to look.

I've never had ports fail like this before.  I cvsup the ports tree
every night so all of that should be current.

Any help and/or pointers will be really appreciated.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com