Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 17:43:36 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCWeek article by Anne Chen -- Comments

> perfectly fine, but you have to consider the entire scope of your audience.  If
> someone goes to their IT manager to request permission to setup a
> FreeBSD box, and then he/she happens to stumble across a quote like that

	Who's asking permission... just do it... THAT in my opinion is one
of the major reasons why Linux has gotten where it has. How many stories
are there out there about somebody install a Linux box to take the place
of an NT box. In some cases leaving the NT box up and running and
connecting the net cable into the Linux box. I'm doing it around my
office. It may get me fired, but my company will have working, reliable
services. Thats what they're paying me in part to do, and I'll do my job
to the best of my abilities.

						Rick