Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 16:37:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@mail.kar.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help: StarOffice-4.0 freezes almost immediately

I was getting the same error with it when I installed it.  The trick is
not to install it as a shared package, but rather as something only you
use.  That is, you need to have read/write access to all of the
components.  If you want anyone else to use it, they, too, need to have
read/write access.  This version of 4.0 doesn't support network
installations.  I guess you need to buy licenses for them.  If this has
changed, I'd sure like to know, as I'd like to do a shared install on my
machine.

Joe Clarke