Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:10:52 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Achilleas mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CMS - portal server Question

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:13:18 +0300
Achilleas mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

> i am thinking of deploying a CMS system for our corporate web server.
>
> I have seen/installed/tested :
>
> Jboss Portal : Seeems good and standards complying but too unstable
> Apache Lenya : Very unstable - could not get it to any useful work
> Php-nuke     : (despite our favor towards java, this seems stable but not
> what we want) OpenCMS      : Very stable but not so open source - some one
> has to pay to get anything more than the basic

Hi Achilleas,
 my answer is a bit OT for java@ ... anyway..

have you checked out Bricolage? http://www.bricolage.cc/

it is Perl backed, but it's possibly one of the best ones i've seen.

Java based, I've just been reading about Magnolia, which seems quite impressive
http://www.magnolia.info , but I'm always a bit weary of products that are open
source with an 'enterprise version with more features'...

lots more that I've tagged... http://del.icio.us/Numard/cms