Date:      Sat, 5 Jun 2010 05:48:47 -0700
From:      Chris <eagletree@hughes.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Booting Xserve on 8.0

On Jun 5, 2010, at 12:54 AM, Chris Rees wrote:

> Perhaps you need to install Boot Camp. The booting procedure is EFI,
> maybe that's playing havoc.

Thanks for the response.

That would be a great solution, I read that Apple doesn't permit
it to be installed on the XServe. That comes from an Apple article
in their support pages dated November 19, 2008. Firmware update
is required and none exists according to the note. I am researching
if that is still true but haven't turned anything up yet.

EFI is the issue. I was hoping there is new information such as
an installation with EFI configuration files to permit the boot.
There are instructions available on creating such an installation
for linux variants. They don't seem to apply to FreeBSD or I haven't
the knowledge to create such an installation.