Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 17:08:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Adam David <adam@ubiq.veda.is>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        rjiang@akbs.com, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nntpxfer Exectable File Missing

>  * I downloaded nntp-1.5.11.5 (with C News) from your ftp server under
>  * packages-2.1 directory. After I extracted the nntp-1.5.11.5 using
>  * pkg_add command, I think I am missing nntpxfer exectable file under
>  * /usr/local/libexec/news/nntpxfer? Thanks in advance.
>
> I took a look, it seems like this is intentional (patches/patch-aa
> explicitly ignores nntpxfer).

Yes, it was intentional. I ported the nntp server only, and nntpxfer is a
client program. It is a simple matter to add nntpxfer to the build and the
packing list. Shall I do this? Of course, it will not change the fact that
nntpxfer is missing from your present package file.

--
Adam David <adam@veda.is>