Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:26:57 -0800
From:      Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@volant.org>
To:        Sascha Blank <sblank@tiscali.de>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error building native jdk14 on 4.8-RC

--==========2518250493==========

--On Monday, March 10, 2003 23:02:57 +0100 Sascha Blank <sblank@tiscali.de> =

wrote:

> I have the same problem: I have updated both my 4.8-STABLE system and my
> ports collection today, but building the native JDK 1.4p3 breaks down at
> exactly the same spot as your build.  I have even tried to build the
> port twice because I wanted to rule out the possibility that I might
> have made something wrong the first time, but it didn't change anything.
>
> I am builing the port on an AMD Athlon/Thunderbird system with the
> optimization flags "-O -march=3Dk6".  As I have read that there are some
> problems with AMD K6 systems I wonder if this might be the problem.
> It's just a vague idea.

Hmm.  You may be onto something here.  Both of the systems I've tried
so far have been Athlons; and I have CPUTYPE=3Dk7 and CFLAGS=3D-g -O -pipe
in my make.conf.

I'd really like to hear from someone with an Athlon report that they've
had no problems building with the CPUTYPE set appropriately...  These
are both older systems (550 & 700 MHz) and the build takes long enough
that I don't want to wast the time necessary to try a build without
the flag just to have it fail in the same place.

-Pat