Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2015 01:04:09 +0200
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <arcade@b1t.name>
Subject:   Re: problems booting w/ X11 ati driver

On 14.12.2015 00:02, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> Yeah, sorry for not being more methodical. I rebooted 3-4 times in
> fairly quick succession, however, I *think* I have dmesg output from the
> above scenario, see attached. If you want any of the other stuff
> mentioned, just ask.

 > module_register: module drmn/drm_iic_dp_aux already exists!
 > Module drmn/drm_iic_dp_aux failed to register: 17
 > module_register: module drmn already exists!
 > Module drmn failed to register: 17

Like I said Xorg tries to bring in modules it needs.

 > KLD radeonkms_port.ko: depends on drmn_port - not available or
version mismatch
 > linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

That one is weird. Under 9.3 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati requires
x11-drivers/drm-kmod. Both radeonkms_port.ko and drm2_port.ko should be
built from there and drm2_port.ko is the module named drmn_port internally.

Can you please load both radeonkms_port.ko and drm2_port.ko and try
again? You can do this not only from loader.conf but also from rc.conf
specifying them in `kld_list` tunable. They should be at /boot/modules.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.