Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:07:02 -0100
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        "Daniel R.  Brownstone" <drbrowns@ls.wustl.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & Windows

At 13:40 26.03.98 -0600, you wrote:
>Every student has an e-mail account on the FreeBSD box.  Which means that
>to check their mail, they either dial in from home, or else they sit down
>at one of the PCs in our lab, and telnet in to the server from Win95.

Puuhhh this is really painfull for just checking and reading email. Install
qpopper or something else with POP3-support from the ports and let the
Win95-user fetch their email with a Win95-client that supports POP3 (like
Eudora or Communicator). Have also a look at poppassd for changing
email-account-passwords.

For all other points you mentioned have a look at samba. I am sharing my
printer and filesystems with Win95-boxes over the lan with samba.

Malte Lance
malte@webmore.com