Date:      Tue, 18 May 2004 22:08:58 +0800
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multicast arp entry

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:51:34PM +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> The long answer could be: you could join to a single multicast
> group on multiple interfaces, and you will be able to receive
> multicast on all of them, but if you don't have multicast
> forwarding enabled, only one interface will be used for sending.

That's bad. How do I enable "multicast forwarding", or, in other words,
do you know why ripd doesn't do it for be?

On the other hand, I've got another machine with very simple configuration:
one fxp0 interface, one rl0 and one gif0 and started quagga/ripd.
Two points: tcpdump shows that multicasts go out all three interfaces
with right source IP and there is no arp entries for 224.0.0.9 and 224.0.0.1.

I couldn't find what is the vital difference between these two machines yet
(there are so many of them).

Eugene