Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2013 08:23:07 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1-RELEASE is out - is there any hope for an actual graphics/gimp-app?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 05:14:09 -0600
ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Search in mailing list about GIMP 2.8 and you should find a response from
> maintainer. As I remember we will wait on the 2.8 still...
> BTW; I use  live linux cd and it work very good. There are also OpenBSD Live
> CDs and OpenBSD has 2.8. I don't know how is with plugins on OpenBSD.

Good news, everybody: many gnome-related ports where bumped to versions high enough to build babl, gegl and gimp in their latest versions.

I suppose gimp 2.8 in port is near, but the impatient can more safely use the updated makefiles I updated a while ago :
https://github.com/mazhe/gimp28_ports

Disclaimer : you still have to revert to gimp 2.6 before tasks like portmaster -r if they impact babl/gegl/gimp, as older gimp do not build with older babl/gegl

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>