Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:19:45 -0800
From:      Derrick Ryalls <ryallsd@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HP Pavillion laptop can't boot FreeBSD

On 12/21/05, Derrick Ryalls <ryallsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
I tried the above set of commands (after hitting option 6 on the boot menu =
-
escape to loader prompt) including unsetting acpi, then typing boot and the
same error came up.

I am unable to boot to single user mode directly as the above post suggest,
not does safe mode work.

I did notice one difference though.  If I cold boot the laptop, in place of
the elf32 error message, the system hangs.  If I first boot into windows
then reboot to install CD, I get the elf32 error and the option to choose m=
boot.