Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:20:10 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade Stale dependency: "specify -O to force"

Rob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I use commands from the portupgrade port, I get this message:
>
>   Stale dependency: kde-3.2.3 --> autoconf-2.57_1 -- manually run
>   'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
>
> I wanted to use the '-O' option, but that does not seem to exist.
> I've tried 'pkgdb -O' or 'pkgdb -FO'
>
> Is this '-O' suggestion mistake in the portupgrade port?
>
> How can I use the force option?
>
> Rob.

Hmm, pretty sure that should be a little "o".  At least that's
what the help screen and the manpage seem to indicate...

<kadmin@archangel> [/usr/ports]
[23:16]
% pkgdb --help
pkgdb rev.1.69

usage: pkgdb [-hafFQQquv] [-c pkgname] [-o pkgname] [-s
/old_pkgname/new_pkgname/] [file ...]

    -h, --help                     Show this message

<snip>

    -o, --origin=PKGNAME[=ORIGIN]  Look up or change the origin of the given
                                   package

<snip>

The help seems to indicate you would type something like:

$pkgdb -o <correctdependancy>

I usually just do it with -F

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey