Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:19:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Don Read <dread@texas.net>
To:        Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM <tforrest@mcs.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
Subject:   Re: POP for FreeBSD ?

On 14-Nov-99 Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM wrote:
> Okay, let me rephrase my question.  Does Qpopper support the POP3
> extensions that allow me to send mail?  If it does not, which ones do?
> There have to be some out there as MCS uses one.  I've tried to figure
> out which one they use (short of emailing postmaster) with no luck.

Yes, qpopper accepts the XTND XMIT
        (as always, RTFM, use the source,Luke).

spaz.dread$ telnet pop 110
Trying 192.168.170.18...
Connected to spits.austin.calcasieu.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK QPOP (version 2.53) at spits.calcasieu.com starting.
<63630.942610394@spits.calcasieu.com>
user dread
+OK Password required for dread.
pass xyzxyz
+OK dread has 342 messages (1268565 octets).
xtnd xmit
+OK Start sending message.
From: dread
To: tforrest@mcs.net

Just a quick note about sending mail via POP extenstions.

later,

Don
.
+OK Message sent successfully