Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:30:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng." <lkchen@ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sync Error: Sign in Again - Looping (was Re: using API keys in the FreeBSD Chromium port) FreeBSD Chromium port)

So this is problem is weird....

Decided the Favicon db was terminal...so I deleted it from my Chromium profiles on all my FreeBSD systems (no mention of it in chrome://sync in chrome....guessing its some experimental sync only in chromium)

Didn't solve the reappearance of the sign in again - looping problem.

So, I was comparing the URL of the sign in page in chromium vs chrome (on Windows 7)....and sign in worked on chrome of course....but then I pasted an URL into a new tab and the sign in worked!

Was it a fluke?

I intentionally signed out, and tried to sign back in....results in sign in looping.  But, copy URL from sign in looping tab to a new tab....the sign in works.  So, there's something about the tab it spawns is different than a normal new tab?

During my testing, I had tried clearing cache, clearing cookies, but it would still loop.