Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:27:02 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@holly.dyndns.org>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100+

On Fri, Apr 9, 1999, David Schwartz wrote:

> 	Is the Intel PRO/100+ network card supported by FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE? Mine
> has an Intel 82558B chip on it. If so, is it the 'fxp' driver that I need?

   The comments in LINT are an excellent reference for these
types of questions:

Lines 1544 and 1545 of LINT:

# The `fxp' device provides support for the Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B
# PCI Fast Ethernet adapters.

   Use vi's regexp search function.  (Just type '/' followed by
the pattern)

--
Chris Costello                                <chris@calldei.com>

Programming is an art form that fights back.