Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 1995 01:10:23 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD trademark.

Jordan wrote:

> You can't possibly
> sit there and tell me that "housing" ourselves under the umbrella of a
> notoriously bloated organization like the ISO or CCITT is going to be
> LESS work, now can you?

Didnt know they were bloated, go find a non bloated one then :-)

> And you completely ignored my other points, which was that the
> necessary INFRASTRUCTURE is here!

Where the coms links are & where the sup servers & cvs are physically has
little relevance to whose law is best used, you'd be best advised offloading
the paper work on willing helpers in other countries who want to help,
but aren't quite up to you mega hacker/techie standard, or are you afraid
of loosing control ?.

> I'd go to england if I wanted fish and chips
You miss the point, I am Not promoting my own country (though you are yours ;-).
We should minimise FreeBSD's involvement with the USA national legal system
because it has proven itself disruptive to FreeBSD (crypt etc).

If you insist on forcing national law on an international organisation,
go use Irish or New Zealand law or something instead., I don't care whose,
anyone's law Except disruptive USA law.

Julian S