Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:08:55 +0100
From:      Jos Vissers <vissers@lucent.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Panic after completed boot on p5a /k6-2

I have an Asus p5a with and AMD K6-2/400 running FreeBSD-stable.
Whenever I switch it on it boots just fine up to and including the login

prompt but after about 5 to 10 seconds it panics. When it reboots it
useually does it again and perhaps the 3rd of 4th boot it will keep
running.
When I boot windows95 first after switching the machine on, then reboot
into FreeBSD, it works just fine.
I also have a 486 which doesn't have this problem and runs exactly the
same build of FreeBSD.

Is there anyone else with a similar problem on the same (or different)
hardware?

Jos

--
Jos Vissers