Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:48:50 -0500
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        jsegovia@cnc.una.py, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound on laptop

OK, here are the stats according to windows and according to my BIOS:

BIOS:
WSS I/O address        530h
SBPro I/O address        220h
Synthesizer I/O address        388h
WSS & SBPro & MPU401 IRQ level
WSS (play) DMA    Channel 1
WSS (rec) & SBPro DMA Channel 0
Control I/O address    538h
MPU401 (MIDI I/F)     330h

windows:
I/O range 220-233,530-537,388-389,330-333,538-539,
IRQ 5
DMA 1,0

Also, one way i am trying to test my sound is with the game XGalaga.
I turn on sound and play, and it tells me it couldn't open /dev/dsp or
that the DMA timed out, check IRQ/DRQ settings.  Any ideas?  I'm at my
wits end with this.  Linux configured this with no problem, so it
can't be a major anomaly.