Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 1995 13:23:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        nsayer@quack.kfu.com (Nick Sayer)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with this morning's sup

> J Wunsch writes:
>
> > As Nick Sayer wrote:
> > >
> > > 2. After fixing that, a make world gets as far as half way through
> > > building libc, whereupon it crashes with this little bit of noise:
> > > /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c:80: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > > /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c: In function `ether_aton':
> > > /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c:92: storage size of `o' isn't known
> > > /usr/src/lib/libc/net/ether_addr.c: In function `ether_ntoa':
>
> > > If anayone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. If this was something
> > > warned of in current, then I'm sorry but I've only recently
> > > resubscribed.
>
> > Nope, Garrett didn't warn on -current.  I've only seen his commits of
> > the new mrouting code.  Looks like you first need to perform a ``cd
> > /usr/src/include; make install'' before compiling the lib.  ``make
> > world'' is supposed to always do it in the correct sequence, but it's
> > rather overkill.
>
> Humph. Is there a way to sup 2.0.5-RELEASE? If not, is there a way
> to fix this? :-) I know I could ftp 2.0.5-RELEASE, but sup is more
> convenient.

There is not, and probably never will be a way to sup frozen releases,
the best we can do is what I am working on now, and that is setting
up the -stable set of sup targets.  At this very moment that tree
is almost 2.0.5 (it is 2.0.5R merged into the HEAD of the main cvs
branch so the only difference is RCS ID strings.)  This will become
the 2.1 release.