Date:      10 Apr 1999 22:58:17 +0200
From:      Julien Oster <sysadm@sysadm.cc>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting time from ISDN and using AOCD

These are not bugs, just 2 things I want to achieve and did not quite check
out how.

I'm a german Telekom user, so almost all toys like AOCD or correct timestamps
are available.

1.) I'd like to set my system time from the ISDN timestamps. Currently, I'm
    using rdate or netdate in my connect-scripts to set my system time from
    the host ssl.berkeley.edu. However, I trust that the ISDN time transmitted
    from the german Telekom is more correct than this host (which doesn't seem
    to have any DCF77 clock or something like that). So I would like to set my
    system time from the time transmitted by the Telekom on my ISDN line...
    isdnd doesn't seem to have such a feature yet, or has it? Any solution
    would be appreciated.

2.) I'd like that my sppp interface (i.e. isdnd) hangs up 5 seconds before the
    next unit. And I'd like that the lenght of the current unit is got
    directly from the ISDN line, not from any file. I have AOCD, so this
    should be possible. But HOW do I actually achieve this? The man page lacks
    a bit of information for this (only how the shorthold mode works is
    explained, as I could see)... currently, I have these lines in my
    isdnd.rc:

ratetype                = 0
unitlength              = 90
unitlengthsrc           = aocd

    Maybe I also messed up this. The first line says nothing to me, ratetype
    is not described in my manpage. The second two lines appear wrong to me.
    I'm setting an unitlenght and then I say that it should get the unitlength
    from aocd... so I should leave the "unitlenght=90" out, right? But now,
    how do I achieve that isdnd hangs up 5 seconds before the next unit
    begins?

    The rate/idletime handling of isdnd is a little bit confusing to me...

Oh, and yes, I'm using i4b-00.70.00-beta-231298, but the ChangeLog of the
latest 0.71 version doesn't say that anything has changed in this respect
(except that there is a newer rates-file for germany... but AOCD would be
nicer, I think)

--
  /--/ Julien Oster /---/ www.fuzzys.org <---> www.sysadm.cc /---/
 /--/ OpenBSD  2.5 /---/ Greetings  from  Munich,   Germany /---/