Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 08:49:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        dominic_marks@btinternet.com, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone using pptp?

Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:47:13PM -0400, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
> >
> > Well - I'm still trying to get pptp to cooperate and set up
> > a VPN connection to a Microsoft VPN server.
> >
> > I'm just wondering - is there _anyone_ out there that has
> > met with success using pptp - and, if so, could you share
> > your /etc/ppp/ppp.conf settings?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/pppoa.html

 Ah yes - that contains the same ppp.conf I have now.

 And - as I just detailed in other e-mail - it's not working
 for me...

 From the ppp.log file - it seems I have to have MSChapV2
 both enabled and disabled at the same time.  At some points
 in the negotiation it needs to be disabled (i.e. *not* used
 for authenticating the peer) - but at other points it needs
 to be enabled (to allow MPPE encryption - which the Microsoft
 peer requires.)

 	- Thanks! -
       - Dave Rivers -

--