Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 19:22:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        rfogle@sirinet.net (rfogle)
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bridge Prob

Hi,

> Help!!  I'm trying to set up a 100baseT->10baseT bridge utilizing
> FreeBSD for obvious reasons, and I'm running into stumbling blocks.  I
> results.  I'm very happy so far, but this prob is causing late hours and
> major headaches, anyone have something similiar?  I know that a bridge
> works or it doesn't, just a sysctl line with the option in the kernel,
> but I can't !#$#! figure this out.  Right now i'm maintaing connectivity
> using natd for masqing on FreeBSD 3.1.   What other information do
> I need to post?  Do I need to upgrade to 3.2?

bridging in 3.1 does not work because i forgot to add a few bits
-- somr recent 3.1S or 3.2 do work. In case you can probably fetch
the picobsd floppy from my web site
http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ip_dummynet/ in a couple of days
(the one there now needs manual editing of /etc/rc.conf ...)

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)

		  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ngc99/
====  First International Workshop on Networked Group Communication  ====