Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 2010 11:04:12 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        'FreeBSD-Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xclip

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 09:48:28AM -0600, Charles Howse wrote:
>=20
> I have a script that outputs some text that I would like in the clipboard
> that I can paste into an email in Windows Outlook.

As far as I'm aware, there is no tool that uses the clipboard in any OS
that will allow that clipboard to be used outside of that OS.  This
appears to be what you want to do.  If you want to be able to copy
something from a guest OS to the host OS clipboard, I think you will need
to investigate features/tools for the VM software or the host OS instead,
or employ a clever work-around such as using an SSH client on the host OS
to "talk to" the guest OS, and copy from the SSH client to wherever else
you need the data in your host OS.

--=20

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG--