Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:23:32 +0200
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs kernel panic

Hi folks,

I just upgraded a zfs server from 7.0-something to 7.2-stable and hoped to
get rid of some minor instabilities I experienced every 6 months or so.
Unfortunately, the new system crashed for the first time after only a few
hours when copying some files via scp onto it.
I got a kernel panic which looked quite similar to the one reported here
(kmem_map too small):
<http://www.archivum.info/freebsd-fs@freebsd.org/2009-04/00071/FreeBSD_7.2-RC1_-_ZFS_related_kernel_panic_quot_kmem_map_too_small_quot>;

I have a dual cpu dual core opteron system with 4GB of RAM and a 3-disk
raidz1. I took out the memory settings from loader.conf as suggested in
UPDATING. I did not yet upgrade zpool nor zfs version (would that help?).
Are there any known issues or any further hints what might cause the
crash? I copied the files again, but this time everything went fine.

cu
  Gerrit