Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:59:32 +0100
From:      Olivier Dony <olivier@blacktrap.net>
To:        Matthew Faircliff <janowellfine@telkomsa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POST data not available in cgi perl scripts

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:48:44PM +0000, Matthew Faircliff wrote:
> Hello,

Hiya,

> Have you tried using libapreq? I find that it is a superior method of transmitting POST data. Find it in /usr/ports/www/p5-libapreq.
> $my_posted_var = $r->parms{'my_var'};

Nope haven't tried it yet, because using CGI.pm was working for me on my other
servers, I never felt the need for a more clever thing, but I'll give it a try
for sure, this looks great.

> Also, why not look into Mason (like emb_perl, only better). It handles POST data like a charm.

I'll have a look at it right now too.

But anyhow I don't think those will solve the problem because the POST data
coming from the HTTP request doesn't even reach my script, although it has
been working all the time on my previous servers. So I guess the problem is
not in my method of getting/parsing the data, but in the process between the
client's request and the script getting it. And PHP scripts get the POST data
fine, argh :(

But thanks a lot for your suggestions, I'll try them as soon as I am done
compiling the perl port and re-installing all my perl modules.. Not that there
is a chance of it working better, since the system's perl works ok for POST
when trying it in the console. But I'm lost so trying anything I haven't
yet...

Thanks again Matt :)

--
Olivier